When it comes to marketing, your message and your vision are at the heart of any successful campaign. Not only is it about what you say, but how you present it to your audience.
When you’re clear on what you stand for, then it becomes much easier to connect with your audience and folks who need to hear your message.
Let’s consider the ways to present a strong and clear message on and offline.
Know Yourself, Define Your Brand
At Thinkubator Media, we take great pride in helping brands highlight their naturally empowering qualities. This can sometimes feel challenging if you’ve been embedded in the research for a long time. We help companies, researchers, and founders pull back and focus on the high-level impacts of their work.
Consider some of the following questions to start defining your brand.
- What do I want my brand to represent?
- What does the brand stand for?
- What are our core beliefs and values?
The simplicity of these keywords and phrases can be helpful when creating content that is targeted toward your desired audience. When you can actively engage and connect with a crowd that is new to your area of expertise, your brand will be unstoppable.
Once you narrow your vision down to a few keywords, you can begin strategizing on how to convey these qualities to your audience.
Know Your Audience
Knowing your audience starts with defining it. Asking yourself or your team a series of questions can help you get a better understanding of who you’re trying to connect with. Consider some of the following questions to get started:
- Where are these people online and offline?
- What publications are they reading?
- What are they watching?
- What circles are they in?
- What do they engage with on social media?
- Which social media platforms do they use, if any?
It can be helpful to define a handful of target groups that can benefit from seeing your content and working with you. Messaging makes it possible to paint a clear picture for anyone who may come across you and your content.
Present Your Unique Perspective
At Thinkubator Media, we are big on bringing out the best, most authentic voice from each of our clients. Don’t be afraid to explore new and exciting ways to express yourself to a wider audience.
As we become more consumed and exposed to multiple channels of content and information, it is crucial (and sometimes hard!) to stand out. Aside from joining trending topics, following the crowd can be detrimental to your online presence.
Rather than being caught in the undertow of endless posts and hashtags, you can strategize the most effective way to present your content by:
- Creating clear content pillars that answer, “What do you want to be known for?”
- Start with 2-3 pillars and grow from there
- Defining key aspects of your content creation habits
- When to post (day and time, are you launching sales or other deals at a certain time?)
- What to post (blogs, emails, videos, Instagram reels, a silly, informative, or otherwise engaging image, etc)
- How often to post online
- Planning and automating your post schedule
- Designating a specific person or team to manage your social media communications
Expressing yourself in a genuine, creative, and aesthetically pleasing manner can make your message pop.